I’ve turned into a paleo-muffin-baking machine. I am constantly making all different version of paleo muffins. Muffins that are completely guilt-free // grain free, refined sugar free, and dairy free. There are 2 different recipes I make the most, these Paleo Morning Muffins, and another quick and easy, adaptable recipe (I will share this recipe later).
These Paleo Morning Muffins are made with so many good-for-you ingredients :: mashed sweet potatoes, grated carrots, grated apples, maple syrup, raisins, and walnuts. I love making these muffins to have around for a quick and healthy snack. Have them in the morning for an on-the-go breakfast, or in the afternoon as a pick-me-up snack. No matter what, you know you are feeding yourself something super nutritious and healthy. And you know what, they don’t taste like that! They actually taste good. Good tasting and good-for-you >> win-win.
- ⅓ cup Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup Grated Carrots (about 1-2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup Grated Apples (about 1 large apple)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Raisins
- ¾ cup Walnuts, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 cupcake pan with baking liners. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, carrots, apples, maple syrup, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the sweet potato mixture and stir together to combine. Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan, filling up each cup ¾ of the way.
- Bake the muffins until they turn a golden brown and are fully cooked throughout, about 20-25 minutes. Test by sticking a toothpick into the center of 1 muffin and be sure it comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- These last up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Recipe adapted from The Roasted Root.