Happy New Year!
Who’s excited for 2016?! For me, I know 2016 will be another big year. The past few years life has been jam packed — 2 kids, 1 dog, 2 houses, and so much more I don’t even know where to begin. And 2016 won’t be any different — Starting with our first born, Ezekiel, starting school and then of course another little baby boy is coming in April. Can’t wait!
Now onto these Flourless Paleo Brownies. After indulging in every sweet and decadent dessert and meal out there during these past couple months, it’s time to buckle down and get back to eating on track. I live a fairly Paleo-friendly eating lifestyle, so my eating habits haven’t been off the charts lately. But don’t get me wrong, I’ve indulged just as much as the last person during the Holidays. So I too am excited to get back to normal.
Let me assure you that these Paleo Brownies will help you get back on track. No one can live a healthy eating lifestyle without indulging ever-so-often. Everyone needs a sweet treat here and there. These Brownies are a perfect treat because they truly are guilt free — Refined Sugar Free, Gluten & Grain Free, and Dairy Free. So your indulging when not really indulging at all!
- 1 cup Nut Butter (any kind will do, I recommend Almond Butter)
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Foil and grease the inside of an 8x8 baking dish. Set aside until needed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Nut Butter, Maple Syrup, Egg, Coconut Oil, and Vanilla.
- Stir in the Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting.
- These brownies last up to 4 days in a sealed container at room temperature.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs.