Wow can life be crazy sometimes. This week my little baby turns 11 months old. Only 1 month away from turning 1! Wait wasn’t I just pregnant like 2 seconds ago. Wasn’t it just days ago when I could technically eat anything I wanted because I didn’t need to worry about my flat tummy. Well not only is my baby turning into not a baby anymore, but I can no longer stuff my face with things like these Chocolate Cake Mix S’mores Bars. Even though that’s all I want to do. Especially with these bars.
These bars are your favorite S’mores flavors into a cake-like bar. To make these bars come together even quicker I used a Chocolate Cake Mix to make the cake base of the bar. I made the Chocolate Cake thicker, more like a brownie-style bar and then topped it with Graham Crackers, Chocolate Chips, and Marshmallows.
I dreamt up these bars because I had this random box of chocolate mix in my cupboard. A little bit ago me and my little guy — Ezekiel exactly — were in the Cake Supply Store. He grabbed this box of Chocolate Cake Mix and would.not.let.it.go. Like seriously, strong hold. So of course I had to buy it, and of course it came home with us, and of course he kept bringing it out of the cupboard asking to make cake. Finally I said yes to the Chocolate Cake mix, but I had a little different plan in mind. I didn’t want to make just normal cake so out came these S’mores Bars. Cake-y, Gooey, Sweet, totally totally perfect. If you like S’mores, you will fall in love with these. No doubt about it.
- 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Graham Cracker Sheets
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x16 baking dish with foil, and grease liberally with cooking spray or butter. Set aside until needed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the chocolate cake mix, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and fully combined. The dough will be stiffer, more like a thick cookie dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Top with a complete layer of Graham Crackers. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and then top with the mini marshmallows.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cake is fully cooked and the marshmallows are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on the counter to cool completely. Before cutting, place the pan into the refrigerator or freezer and allow it to get nice and cold. This will allow for easy cutting. Plus, the bars taste amazing cold.
- Cut the bars into approximately 20 bars. Serve and enjoy!
- These last up to 4 days in a sealed container.