It’s safe to say that Avocados are easily an obsession. I can literally eat them every day. Wait. I do eat them every day. If it’s not in the morning with my hard boiled egg — it’s for lunch tossed together with a fresh peach — or it’s for dinner mixed with tomatoes and goat cheese. So it’s only natural that I took it one step further and threw avocados into my dessert as well.
Before I start explaining, I have a confession // This pudding is actually healthy. Dun dun dun. It’s completely Paleo AND Vegan. It’s a Chocolate Banana Avocado Pudding and those are the only main ingredients (with the addition of vanilla and maple syrup for sweetness). This pudding is simplicity at its best. Plus it’s no bake, and comes together in seconds in a food processor.
When you think about Avocado in a sweet pudding it’s doesn’t sound the most appealing. I was skeptical at first too. But honestly you really can’t taste the avocado at all. Not one bit. All it does is add this amazing creamy texture to the pudding. What flavors really shine through are the chocolate and banana. Be sure to use good quality, pure cocoa powder with fresh, ripe bananas and you’ll be enjoying this guilt-free treat in no time.
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Avocados
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder (Pure, Dark, and no-sugar added)
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods, Seeds Scraped
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- Shaved Coconut, For Topping (Optional)
- Place all the ingredients - bananas, avocados, cocoa powder, vanilla bean seeds, and maple syrup - in a food processor. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Transfer the pudding to individual serving dishes and top with shaved coconut (optional) and a banana slice (again optional). Serve immediately.
- This pudding can be made ahead of time (up to 2 days) and stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container until ready to serve and enjoy.