A couple months ago I set out to create the perfect cookie recipe. I wanted a base recipe that I can adapt into many different types of cookie flavors. A recipe where I could use the same basic ingredients and come up with Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lemon Cookies, or even Cake Batter Cookies. It took a lot of batches before I finally got it! These cookies are soft, oh-so-soft. So incredibly chewy and fluffy. Another word I like to use for these cookies are moist. There is not one bit of dryness with these cookies // Even after they are 5 days old!
In order to get this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe just right I actually made the original batches without chocolate chips. I wanted to make sure that without the chocolate chips, the cookie holds it own and is still completely delicious. Inside the cookie dough are a few little added touches that give these cookies their amazing texture and flavor. First, I made sure to have a good amount of brown sugar. Brown Sugar adds moisture to the cookies and really makes them chewy. An extra egg yolk also helps with the chewiness factor and makes them nice and thick. The last little important additions to these cookies are powdered sugar and cornstarch. These realllly help make these cookie extra fluffy and thick. Now you have your cookie – your delicious, soft, and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Before I shared another Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with you, I wanted to make sure I didn’t steer you wrong. There are so many recipes out there. So many people have their go-to cookie recipe. I wanted you to see my recipe and make it your go-to. Or at least you see my cookies and they make you wonder if this cookie recipe really is as good as I say. Well I dare you to try them. Trust me, you’ll see. They really are that good!
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients - flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside until needed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until light a fluffy.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl and, with the mixture on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture. Beat the mixture until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, scoop a large ball of dough. Roll the dough into a ball and then slightly flatten the ball. Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the oven until they have just set, about 10 minutes. Be sure not to overtake them. I like to take them out when the center is just set and the edges are just turning a light golden brown.
- Once the cookies are done baking, let them sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These last up to 5-7 days in a sealed container.