Ezekiel looooves blueberries. Last Sunday we went to the Farmers Market and he asked for some blueberries. He ate the whole small package in 1 sitting. In less than 20 minutes. I’m not complaining — they are super good for you, so it’s a win-win.
Whenever I go to Costco I always get a super-sized package of blueberries. With all the blueberry-loving going on we go through them pretty fast, but it’s inevitable that I always have some left. And then I bake. This time I made these Blueberry Muffin Blondies. They are a cross between a blueberry muffin and a soft blondie. FYI– A blondie is like a vanilla, cake-like brownie. For being such a huge fan of chocolate, I will even choose a blondie over a brownie. Now that says a lot.
I’m really loving the flavor of these blondies. They are perfectly sweet — but not too sweet so you can have more than 1! — and the soft, cooked blueberries throughout give the perfect little sweet touch.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon of All Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish completely with parchment paper; be sure to leave some of the parchment paper hanging over the sides of the dish. Lightly grease the parchment paper. Set aside until needed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in the fresh blueberries (be sure to toss the blueberries in 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour prior to adding the blueberries).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, grab the parchment paper and carefully remove the blondies in one whole piece. Cut the blondies into 16 squares.