One of my favorite desserts to make are my S’mores Bars. I make them often for parties or as a last minute treat for dinner guests. They are incredibly easy to throw together and I always, always, always have the ingredients on hand. Well these Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars are a a spin on those special S’mores Bars.
For the past month or so I have been experimenting with making the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. There are so many recipes out there for Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I wanted to make my own. My go-to cookie recipe that I can share with you. Well I am happy to say that I finally did it! I created the most soft, fluffy, and Chewy chocolate Chip Cookie – woo hoo! Stay tuned because I will share this recipe with really soon!
With the last batch of those cookies I accidently slightly overcooked them. They weren’t totally burned, but they cooked just a few minutes longer that made them not as soft as they should be. Well let me tell you I hate wasting desserts. But at the same time I’m not the kind of person who shares a dessert with others that I’m not 100% proud of. So my mind started turning on what I can make with these cookies. I then thought I could make a cookie crust // Like a graham cracker crust but with the Chocolate Chip Cookies instead. Next is melted Milk Chocolate Chips — mini marshmallows — crumbled Chocolate Chip Cookies — mini Chocolate Chips. Toast those marshmallows to get the best S’mores flavor ever and your done!
- 6 cups of Chocolate Chip Cookies (About 15 Cookies)
- 1 cup (2 stick) Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 4 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 4 Cookies, Coarsely crumbled, For the topping
- Line a 9”x13” pan completely with foil and lightly grease. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chocolate chip cookies (reserving 4-5 cookies for later) in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. You might need to pulse them in batches.
- Pour the cookies into a medium bowl; add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Evenly press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie crust from the oven and immediately scatter the milk chocolate chips over the crust. The milk chocolate chips will immediately begin to soften and, using an offset spatula (or a knife), spread the melted chocolate chips over the complete surface of the cookie crust.
- Increase the oven to broil and place the pan on the top rack in the oven.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows evenly on top of the chocolate and press them gently into the chocolate. Crumble the reserved 4-5 cookies and sprinkle them in between the marshmallows. Finish by sprinkling the mini chocolate chips and crumbled cookies on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and allow the marshmallows to get nice and toasty (like a burnt marshmallows for S'mores). Be sure to keep your eye on the pan the whole time and remove once the marshmallows are torched, it will only be about a minute or so. Alternatively, you can torch the marshmallows using a handheld browning torch.
- Place the pan in the freezer or refrigerator until hardened, at least 2 hours, preferably 3-5 hours.
- To remove the bars from the pan, grab the foil and carefully pull them out in one complete piece. Place on a cutting board and cut into about 15 pieces. Serve immediately, or place in a sealed container to store.
- These bars last up to 7 days in a sealed container.