My goal with the “new” Krissy’s Creations is to start sharing with you my favorite savory dishes. I actually cook a lot more than I bake. I make a quick breakfast every morning, pack my husband a homemade lunch for work, and then make a complete, healthy dinner every night. With the amount of cooking I do, it only makes sense to share with you these unique and delicious savory dishes I make for my own family.
Here is a simple and quick breakfast I whipped up for my husband one morning. One morning Noah woke up extra early. Like 5:30am early. When he wakes up this early (which thankfully doesn’t happen often), I like to get a head start on the day — Pack my husband lunch, start making breakfast, and if I have enough time, whip up a batch of cookies, muffins, or some type of baked good. This particular morning I saw fresh tortillas in my refrigerator and my mind started racing. I came up an Avocado Tortilla Breakfast Pizza // A baked tortilla, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, mashed avocado, and a fried egg.
This breakfast is simple enough to make on a weekday morning, but unique and tasty enough to be on your weekend brunch menu. Or how about Breakfast Pizza for Dinner?!
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1 Avocado, Mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your tortilla on a baking sheet and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Place the cheese-topped-tortilla in the oven and bake until the tortilla is nice and crispy and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the tortilla is baking, start frying your egg. Place a small pan over medium heat and add the olive oil or butter to the pan. Once the pan is hot, crack the egg into the pan and place the cover over the pan. Once the egg starts to turn cook and turn white, top the egg with salt and pepper. Allow the egg to cook until the whites are completely cooked and the yoke is still runny - it should only be about 5 minutes or so. Remove the pan from the heat and uncover the pan.
- Once finished baking, remove the tortilla from the oven and top with the prepared mashed avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top the avocado with the fried egg. Serve immediately.