Cookies, Desserts, Fruit, Milk Bar Mondays

Milk Bar Mondays – Blueberry & Cream Cookies

January 28, 2013
Blueberry-Cookies-Words-

Milk Bar Mondays and Krissy’s Creations are back!  In the middle of my pregnancy I decided to take a break from Milk Bar Mondays.  But now that we’re past the first few months of Ezekiel’s life, things are starting to settle down (if they ever really do!) and I finally have some time to bake.  So I thought what better time than to jump back in with Milk Bar Mondays.

This weeks recipe was chosen by Cassie of Bake Your Day.  I’m pretty sure my favorite recipes out of the Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook are the cookies.  So I of course was excited when I heard we were making these Blueberry and Cream Cookies.

What I liked most about these cookies is how simple they are.  Most Milk Bar recipes are lengthy and complicated, but these cookies are just the opposite.  It’s a basic cookie – with the added Milk Bar techniques and of course the Milk Bar crumb – mixed in with dried blueberries.  These cookies have a perfectly crispy edge with a super soft and tender center.  They’re not overly sweet or salty (like some Milk Bar recipes).  They might not be the prettiest cookie out there, but they sure are tasty!

Head on over to Cassie’s blog for the recipe.

And don’t forget to check out the other girl’s Blueberries & Cream Cookies:
Jacqueline from The Dusty Baker
Audra from The Baker Chick
Erin from Big Fat Baker

Enjoy!

Cinnamon Roll Scones
Milk Bar Mondays - Crack Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores Bars

• Reply Cassie | Bake Your Day January 28, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Yours look amazing, Krissy! So glad to have you posting with us again!

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet January 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I missed seeing your Milk Bar Monday posts!  These look so good.

• Reply Audra | The Baker Chick January 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Yay! Krissy is back! I’m so glad you made cookies with us- these look delicious!

• Reply Jacqueline Raposo January 28, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I love how now we can look at this recipe as a “simple” one!! Love! Welcome back Krissy – so happy we’re swapping together again!! Woohoo!

• Reply BigFatBaker January 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I am so glad that you are back to baking with us! Your cookies look great and I agree…for a MBM recipe these were pretty easy!

• Reply Joanne (eats well with others) January 28, 2013 at 9:51 pm

What a way to get back in the game! Your cookies look fabulous!!

• Reply Melissa Maruca January 28, 2013 at 10:41 pm

These were super tasty! :)

• Reply Kathryn :) January 29, 2013 at 1:32 am

Yum! I am going to have to go to The Dusty Baker’s blog and make the GF ones. :) Also love the color combination in the photos.  Glad the blueberries went to good use!

• Reply Anonymous January 29, 2013 at 8:15 am

We absolutely love your blog and find the majority of
    your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for
    you? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome website!
    Also visit my web blog : http://boligityrkia.net

• Reply Paula Kelly-Bourque January 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm

They look like they were super tasty!