Baby & Family

Meet Ezekiel Vincent Winnick

October 24, 2012

I’m back!  Wow have these last 2 weeks been life-changing!  Literally.  On October 7th at 12:43 in the afternoon, our little baby boy entered this world.  After more than 12 hours of labor, I ended up having a C-section.  What happened was every time I had a contraction Ezekiel’s heart rate lowered drastically.  Along with this, my labor wasn’t progressing quick enough and I was developing a fever.  Because I was still so far away from being able to deliver, the only option was to have Ezekiel through C-section.  I was worried because having a C-section was the last thing I thought would happen.  But in the end Ezekiel was perfectly healthy and it was worth having to go through major surgery to have that happen.

Having a family and being parents is truly incredible.  Yes, we are pretty tired and there are ups and downs, but having Ezekiel far outweighs all the harder times.
We have learned SO much about parenthood just in these last 2 weeks.  It’s crazy how much some simple advice, or quick internet search can help.  We love learning on our own, but it’s great to get some advice from veteran parents.  I’d love to hear any advice you have :).
Because I’m already obsessed with taking pictures of our little Ezekiel, here are just a few.  Enjoy!

Baby Ezekiel Update! {4 months}
Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks!
Pregnancy Update - 23 Weeks!

• Reply Ashy October 24, 2012 at 11:27 am

Awwww he’s beautiful! Congrats Krissy:-) Best of luck with everything!!

• Reply forrestbeav October 24, 2012 at 11:29 am

Aww, he’s SO cute! I love the first picture! 😀  I’ve been following your blog for a while (I’ve made a couple of your recipes – great btw!) and kept checking back to see if there was an announcement.Congratulations!

• Reply Christina October 24, 2012 at 11:44 am

Awww, Krissy! He’s perfect! Congrats! Sending much love :) xoxo

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet October 24, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Ah love this! So happy for you and your family… he is just so cute!!

• Reply Bev @ Bev Cooks October 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Awwwwww sooo sweet!! Congrats!

• Reply Jessica October 24, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Awwww!   Beautiful family!  Congrats

• Reply Danielle Ballard October 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

what a cutie! he looks soooo tiny in that car seat!!!

• Reply Emily @ She Makes and Bakes October 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Congratulations!!! He’s so cute!!!

• Reply Audra October 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Congrats again darlin! He’s so precious!

• Reply Anna @ Hidden Ponies October 24, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Aw, I’ve been thinking of you guys wondering how it was going! He is adorable, and I’m glad you guys are enjoying the journey!!  All the best with your recovery :)

• Reply Cassie | Bake Your Day October 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm

He is so beautiful, Krissy! I can’t wait to see and hear more about him!

• Reply Natalie October 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Congratulations!!  He is beautiful.  Babies are such a blessing, aren’t they?

• Reply Jessica_AKitchenAddiction October 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Congratulations! He is perfect!!

• Reply Paula Kelly-Bourque October 24, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Welcome to the world little Ezekiel Vincent Winnick!  You are beautiful and precious!  Congratulations Mom and Dad!  Keep taking lots of pictures, he’s going to grow so fast and the time will fly by.  Enjoy your new little boy.

• Reply Melissa Maruca October 24, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Hi baby ezekiel!!!
    you are so perfect and aunt melissa loves you so so so much!

• Reply Kristy Maczuba October 24, 2012 at 11:48 pm

He is sooo sweet ! Congrats!

• Reply R Kyrageorge October 24, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oh he is absolutely darling.  I love that he has so much hair, it gives him more personality :)

• Reply Melody October 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm

The Proof that GOD exist.  Congratulations, he is Beautiful!

• Reply Jeannie October 25, 2012 at 12:43 am

Congrats Krissy, he’s such a cutie!

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two October 25, 2012 at 1:11 am

awww congratulations!! he’s so precious and I LOVE his name!! hope everything is going well, Krissy!! xoxo

• Reply Dania October 25, 2012 at 3:01 am

Congratulations to you both!! Ezekiel is adorable!!  God bless him and y’all on this beautiful journey!

• Reply Eli aka NC October 25, 2012 at 7:31 am

A beautiful name for a gorgeous baby boy, congrats

• Reply Megan - NewlyWife October 25, 2012 at 10:05 pm

So precious! Congratulations on your family of three!

• Reply Jess October 26, 2012 at 6:56 am

Congratulations!  He’s wonderful – and so glad you’re all doing well!

• Reply Tjoi527 October 26, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Congratulations!!! He’s simply amazing. Enjoy every moment. The time flys by.

• Reply Jacqueline Raposo October 27, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Putting together my MBM post and thinking, “hmm, I wonder if little Ezekiel is in the world yet?!” and HERE HE IS! He’s GORGEOUS Krissy!! Congratulations! Lots of love to you in this exciting period. oxox

• Reply Rachel Cooks October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Ahhh! Finally seeing this! CONGRATS! He is perfect!

• Reply Vicki October 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Congratulations! Here’s my advice. Don’t feel bad if there are times when you don’t particularly like him. Of course you love him, but you may not like him during the first weeks. Newborns take so much, but they don’t give a lot back, and since you’re so tired and recovering from surgery, it makes sense that it takes a while to settle in. So give yourself a solid month…maybe a bit longer….to really like him and get over the “what have we done” feelings:).

• Reply Amy November 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Hi there! I check back from time to time to see if there are any new posts on your site. (I totally understand why there isnt!) That picture of Baby Ezekiel makes me smile each and every time! What a perfectly adorable little bundle!

• Reply Anonymous November 21, 2012 at 5:33 am

ӏf a natuгal ԁisasteг stгiκes, arе
    you prepaгеd for it? If thе anѕweг iѕ nо, tаke а loоk аt this fгеe guide on ѕuгvival
    at http://survive.toр-іnformation.

Here is my site ; New Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Get’s FDA Approved – weight loss pill

• Reply JC Marc November 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Congratulations for this most precious gift – your son.  I hope you have recovered from your c-section.  I, too, had a c-section to deliver my son, who is now in his twenties.  The beauty of a c-section (for me) was every time he acted up as a teenager, I would remind him that they had to cut him out of my body to give him life.  Of course he just rolled his eyes and laughed, but you get to hold that scar over him for life (in a sweet, loving way, of course).  I have no advice because I think God gives mothers exactly what they need to raise their children.  A son is a precious gift and there is no greater bond than that of a mother and son.  Just love him and enjoy every minute you have with him. Raise him well with good manners and teach him compassion and kindness.  I don’t know you, other than being a subscriber to your delicious posts, but I love that you have just been given a son and that you and your husband look like you will both be wonderful parents.

• Reply Jenni Ward November 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Congratulations on such a beautiful baby boy!! The best advice I ever got was “It’s just a phase – good or bad, its just a phase!”.