Desserts

Red Velvet Funnel Cakes

May 28, 2012
Red-Velvet-Funnel-Cakes-2
Happy Memorial Day!  Thank you to all the men and women who have served our country, both past and present.
Because today is such a special holiday, I’m sure many of you have the day off from work and/or school.  I hope you’ll either be relaxing, barbequing, baking and cooking, or really doing whatever you enjoy the most on this beautiful day.  I know Steve and I will be staying home and just relaxing.  We’ve had a crazy weekend and we need to just take some time off.  But don’t get me wrong, my type of relaxing is not just sitting and doing nothing.  I’ll definitely be in the kitchen creating some type of fun dessert.  And I think I’ll start with these Red Velvet Funnel Cakes!
I created this recipe earlier this year.  My mind was wrapped up creating unique Red Velvet Desserts.  I made several different desserts, such as Red Velvet Oreos and Red Velvet Baked Doughnuts.  I loved all of the desserts I created, but I was by far the most proud of these Funnel Cakes.
This is my first Funnel Cake recipe that I created and they turned out better than I expected.  Even though they are fried, they are light and airy and not overly oily at all.  They are perfectly sweet with the special Red Velvet flavor.
Funnel Cakes are a great dessert to make this Memorial Day holiday.  They are such a fun and creative dessert to make for your family and friends.  And they couldn’t be easier!  You create a simple batter made out of ingredients that you probably already have on hand.  Heat up some oil on the stove and fry the funnel cake right there.  Dust with powdered sugar and in just minutes you’ve got a great summer dessert!
A special thank you to my brother-in-law, Johnny, who is an active MARSOC Marine.  We are so proud to have a brother like you.
Enjoy your Memorial Day!  And these Red Velvet Funnel Cakes!
For the recipe, click here.

Homemade Hostess Cupcakes
Caramel Pops
Chocolate Banana Avocado Pudding // Paleo & Vegan

• Reply Cassie Laemmli May 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

These are so bright and beautiful, Krissy. I’m a fool for funnel cakes. They SCREAM summer!!

• Reply Anna @ hiddenponies May 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

What a great idea for red velvet, these are the best looking funnel cakes I’ve ever seen!

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two May 28, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I love funnel cake!! I was craving it this weekend because we had a carnival type thing in town and I swear all I smelt was funnel cake every day! haha, these look great! such a fun twist on the regular, i’m sure they’re delicious — i mean, you can’t go wrong with red velvet!!

• Reply Melissa Maruca May 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm

YUMMMMMMMMM!
    Love anything red velvet!

• Reply Sallysbakingaddiction May 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Red velvet funnel cakes? These look  delicious Khrissy! You come up with the most creative and unique desserts.  I’m still loving that pink purple + green lemon cake!

• Reply Baker Street May 30, 2012 at 7:29 am

Red velvet funnel cakes?! What a fantastic idea. very unique. they look so pretty and vibrant. :)

• Reply Erin May 31, 2012 at 2:31 am

How fun are these!!  Love the twist with the red velvet flavor!

• Reply Myfudo May 31, 2012 at 11:44 am

I love the red velvet theme of these funnel cakes…Hope you had a real memorable celebration.  =)

• Reply Katie May 31, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Funnel cakes are delicious. But red velvet? Now we’re talking! Yum!

• Reply Anonymous July 19, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Does the red food coloring affect the grease at all? Could you still fry regular funnel cakes in the same oil, or would it tint them to be red also?

• Reply Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Hello! It appears as though we both have a passion for the same thing.

Your blog, “Blogger: Krissy’s Creations” and mine are
    very similar.
    Have you ever thought of writing a guest write-up for a similar website?
    It will unquestionably help gain exposure to your
    blog (my site recieves a lot of traffic).

If you happen to be interested, contact me at: rickiefranks@gmail.

com.
    Thanks for your
    time

Take a look at my website :: Please visit my site

• Reply Arlettle Williams April 17, 2014 at 12:27 am

there is no sugar in the recipe so how much is needed for the batter