Chocolate, Cookies, Desserts, Milk Bar Mondays

Milk Bar Mondays: Cornflake-Chocolate Chip-Marshmallow Cookies

May 21, 2012
Cornflake-Chocolate-Chip-Marshmallow-Cookies-3
I know what you’re probably thinking, “Those aren’t the prettiest cookies I’ve ever seen.”  And your right.  These cookies did not turn out like my other Milk Bar Monday cookie recipes {Confetti Cookies and Compost Cookies}.  At least in terms of appearance.  These Cornflake-Chocolate Chip-Marshmallow Cookies followed the same basic recipe as the other cookies.  I, of course, followed the recipe exactly as written, and didn’t do anything different than before.  But, for some reason, they didn’t hold their shape while baking, and flattened out.
I was pretty disappointed when I saw how these cookies looked after taking them out of the oven.
Until I took a bite.  Wow.  I was in shock.  They were incredible!  Seriously the best cookie I’ve had yet from the Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook.  With just one bite I tasted every flavor profile – sweet, salty, chewy, crispy, and gooey.  Inside these cookies is a homemade Cornflake Crunch {made of the favorite Cornflake Cereal}, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallow.  It’s your favorite chocolate chip cookie, but turned up a huge notch!
In terms of flavor, this is definitely my new favorite cookie recipe.  I can’t wait to get into the kitchen and tackle the shape and appearance of this cookie.  After that, I know this cookie have it all, and will be passed out to many, many friends and family.

For the recipe, head on over to Averie’s Blog, Averie Cooks.
And don’t forget to check out the other girls’ versions of these fabulous cookies:
Cassie from Bake Your Day
Meagan from Scarletta Bakes
Nicole from Sweet Peony
Jacqueline from The Dusty Baker
Audra from The Baker Chick
Erin from Big Fat Baker
Enjoy!

Funfetti Cake Pops
Peanut Butter Banana Hand Pies
Blueberry Muffin Blondies

• Reply Averie Cooks May 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

They have such a great flavor but I know what you mean about the thin-ness issues! Can’t wait to hear what tweaks you make to this dough base!

• Reply Audra May 21, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I hear you girl. I think we all had the same issues with these. I think next time I want this flavor combo, I’ll just go to my fave choc chip cookie recipe and add the extras. But yes- I agree, the cookies still taste amazing!!

• Reply Cassie Laemmli May 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I share your sentiments! The only thing I didn’t do was the full creaming process.  I chilled the dough for 2 days and mine still spread so much. They did taste amazing though!

• Reply BigFatBaker May 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Ooh I totally agree. I thought – omg..these look weird I just hope they taste good. I can’t wait to take another crack at the recipe and make these look prettier/puffier so I don’t feel so silly sharing them with people.

• Reply Melissa Maruca May 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm

As weird as these sound, I still want one! :)

• Reply Erin May 21, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I hate when cookies don’t look like you want them too!  But if they taste good, that is all that really matters!

• Reply Carrie May 21, 2012 at 8:22 pm

ooo sounds like a fun cookie! Who cares what they look like I bet they tasted fab!

• Reply Marcy Franklin May 21, 2012 at 9:48 pm

These look so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Paula Kelly-Bourque May 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I don’t mind the look or shape of these cookies as they are shown and they look like they would be very tasty and delicious.

• Reply Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes May 21, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I agree with everything you said, Krissy: if you can get past the appearance of these cookies, they ROCK, taste-wise. That’s what I say to everyone with whom I share them – please just close your eyes!!! :)

• Reply Sallysbakingaddiction May 22, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Khrissy, i know most of you girls are disappointed with how your cookies spread, but I think they look WONDERFUL nonetheless.  It’s all about how they taste, right?  And with marshmallows, sweetened corn flakes, a ton of butter and chocolate chips.. how can they not taste incredible!?

• Reply Aly M May 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Mine looked the most like yours of everyone’s I have seen. They also changed a bunch while they cooled, I thought.

• Reply Emily @ Life on Food May 23, 2012 at 11:33 pm

You cannot win them all with appearance but I still want to try these. Everyone says how yummy they are…I have to try them out.