Breads & Biscuits, Breakfast & Brunch, Milk Bar Mondays

Milk Bar Mondays – Cinnamon Bun Pie

March 26, 2012
I love breakfast.  It’s one of my favorite meals out of the day.  But for some reason, I always have the same thing every morning.  Normally I have cereal with cold milk.  And it’s always the same cereal – Right now, I’m addicted to Honey Nut Cherrios.  It’s like I go in phases of the cereal I like.  Before Honey Nut Cherrios, it was Kashi Go Lean Crunch for like 2 full years.
See I love making breakfast items, eggs on toast, pancakes, waffles, biscuits, egg sandwiches, and much more.  But I always just have cereal.  I know.  I’m weird.  Maybe I will change as I get older, but for now, it’s cereal – every day.
One of my favorite breakfast items are Cinnamon Rolls.  I like them because their sweet.  And we all know I love my sweets :).  For this weeks Milk Bar Mondays, Erin from Big Fat Baker chose this incredible Cinnamon Bun Pie.  It’s a pie that actually tastes like your eating a Cinnamon Roll.
The bottom layer of this pie is a soft dough {Milk Bar calls this dough their Mother Dough, as they use it is many recipes}.  This dough is placed in a pie pin and then topped with layers of browned butter, liquid cheesecake, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Then to top it all off, you make a cinnamon streusel and sprinkle it over the entire top surface of the pie.
It’s soft.  It’s dough-y.  It’s creamy.  It’s sugary.  It’s cinnamon-y.  It’s truly delicious.  This pie would make for a wonderful breakfast and/or brunch item.  And what’s great about it, is that you can bake it in advance and them re-heat it in the oven before serving.
Another great creation from the Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook!
For the recipe, visit Erin’s Blog, Big Fat Baker.
And don’t forget to visit the other girls’ blogs to see their Cinnamon Bun Pie creations:
Audra from The Baker Chick
Cassie from Bake Your Day
Nicole from Sweet Peony
Jacqueline from The Dusty Baker
Meagan from Scarletta Bakes
AND we have added a new member to our group! Averie from Averie Cooks

Guest Post: Citrus Olive Oil Muffins by Christina of Desserts for Two
Basic Biscuits
Pumpkin Parmesan Bread Rolls

• Reply Audra March 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Your pie looks to die for Krissy! I agree that this is perfect for breakfast or any time of day. Your picture are also stunning as always! :)

• Reply Cassie @ Bake Your Day March 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Gorgeous Krissy! Your dough looks so perfect. I think mine is a little off but after seeing all the other posts, I don’t think I messed it too badly, it just didn’t puff around the edges like everyone’s did. Love this!

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two March 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I love this!! been seeing this all over the place (cause of the monday postings, hehe) and I seriously want to dive right into that filling and topping! yum!!

• Reply DessertForTwo March 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Yeah, I could eat this every morning for 2 years 😉

• Reply Averie Cooks March 26, 2012 at 2:42 pm

It’s awesome being in this group with you and your pie looks fabulous! The crust and dough is just PERFECT! Well done my friend! :)

• Reply Melissa Maruca March 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm

This looks AMAZING!
    I just printed out the recipe and I am SO making it!

• Reply Emily @ She Makes and Bakes March 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Wow! That looks incredible. I think I can smell it through the computer. I’m bookmarking this post so I can make it asap!

• Reply nicole {sweet peony} March 26, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Your dough is so puffy & perfect! Yum! So sorry I missed out on MBM this week… but I’m still going to make this pie!

• Reply BigFatBaker March 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Your dough looks like it turned out perfectly. Nice and puffy! The cheesecake layer looks creamy and delicious as well. I love the pie and I can see this being a recipe I make multiple times :)

• Reply Claire Gallam10 March 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Your pie is gorgeous!!!

• Reply Stephsbitebybite March 26, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I can’t even believe that something like this exists! This is incredible. I definitely would not be sharing this pie!

• Reply Kristin Dennis March 26, 2012 at 9:55 pm

It’s nice and early here, so breakfast was definitely on my mind when I saw this post on my home page. And now I’m kinda in love with the idea, so when I get back from work I’m going to bake the heck outta this recipe!

• Reply Kiri W. March 27, 2012 at 12:17 am

I just love cinnamon streusel on just about anything. What a recipe! :)

• Reply Emily @ Life on Food March 27, 2012 at 1:55 am

Yes I would like a piece of that soon.  It looks incredibly delicious.

• Reply Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 27, 2012 at 2:01 am

I’m speechless. Really. This is … amazing.

• Reply Paula Kelly-Bourque March 27, 2012 at 3:41 am

Wow!  This looks delicious and right up my alley as far a breakfasts go!  LOL  I love cereal in the mornings too actually and the regular Cheerios and Shreddies are my current favourites.

• Reply Kim Bee March 27, 2012 at 3:50 am

This looks incredible. Loving the idea of this. My daughter would go crazy for it.

• Reply Let Me Eat Cake March 27, 2012 at 5:31 am

i really need to get in on this milk bar mondays because all of these recipes look incredible and it is my new fave cookbook! cinnamon roll pie i mean come on you had me a liquid cheesecake :)

• Reply Jesica Edisanto March 27, 2012 at 6:14 am

I am exactly the same! Breakfasts are my most important meal! but they’re never too ambitious for me! these however are perfect! a bread? a pie? a bun? noooo! They’re cinnamon bun bread pie!

• Reply guest March 27, 2012 at 7:43 am

It’s “you’re” not “your.”

• Reply Myfudo March 27, 2012 at 10:49 am

I would at anytime trade my favorite breakfast for this…Looks really awesome. Will def try!

• Reply Rachel Conners March 27, 2012 at 8:38 pm

This looks absolutely incredible! I love a good cinnamon roll, and cinnamon roll pie?! Count me in.

• Reply Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery March 27, 2012 at 8:46 pm

WOAH. This looks so good! Just found your blog and am now following! :)

• Reply Jacqueline Raposo March 28, 2012 at 2:20 am

I am very, very jealous of your puffy dough! Look at it! Perfection!

• Reply Jess March 28, 2012 at 3:02 am

Oh wow – I know what I’m making for Easter brunch!

• Reply Reem | Simply Reem March 28, 2012 at 3:14 am

I can eat this heavenly deliciousness right now… Come to me my dear…

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 28, 2012 at 10:43 am

OMG this pie looks and sounds amazing!

• Reply Cathy March 29, 2012 at 4:08 am

Wow..I feel like I need this tonight!!

• Reply Tastefully Julie April 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I found you on Knapkins! Wow, this looks amazing :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm

It was super, super fluffy!

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Isn’t the book great?!

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I’ve tried the regular Cherrioes, but I have to have the honey :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm