Appetizer & Snacks, Chocolate, Desserts

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

March 21, 2012
Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Dip
So, we’ve added a new show into the mix – Once upon a Time.  Have you seen it?  My husband actually got me on it.  He started watching old episodes one day on his iPad when he was bored.  Soon he was hooked, and of course I had to jump in.  And now I’m hooked.

It’s basically a show about the old fairytales – Snow White, Cinderella, Red Riding Hood.  Except its based on the Grimm versions.  So it’s very dramatic, but also has romance going on.  {Have you seen Lost? It’s from the writers/producer of that}.  You should watch it.  It’s a really good show.  It now one of our favorites!
We’ll I can tell you right now I’m doing two of my things, watching Once upon a Time and writing this blog post.  I couldn’t choose between the two, so I’m just doing both at once :).
This dip is unlike anything I’ve ever had.  It’s a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip – A dip that tastes like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  The base ingredient is cream cheese.  Added with butter, sugar, and chocolate chips, this dip is simple, easy, and really does remind you cookie dough.

Dip graham crackers, marshmallows, fruit, cookies, or really anything else into this chocolate chip cookie dough dip, and you’ve got a sweet treat.  Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Makes: About 2 cups
½ cup Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
6 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
½ cup Powdered Sugar
¾ cups Chocolate Chips, plus more for garnish
Melt the butter in a small saucepan placed over medium heat.  Add the brown sugar and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble.  Remove the pan from the heat and then whisk in the vanilla.  Allow the mixture to cool completely.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Add the brown sugar mixture and beat on low until fully incorporated.  Remove the bowl from the mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
Place the dip in a serving dish and then sprinkle with more chocolate chips.  Serve at room temperature.
This dip keeps for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod on the Tasty Kitchen Blog, who got it from How Sweet It Is.

No-Bake Peach Tart
Pear Crisp
Homemade Oreos

• Reply Cassie @ Bake Your Day March 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Love your photos of this dip, it sounds so good!

• Reply Melissa Maruca March 21, 2012 at 2:31 pm

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM! This looks so so so good!!! I would have never thought to do something like this. Good call!

• Reply Averie Cooks March 21, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I’ve seen so many versions of cookie dough dip before and have never made it…but that needs to change!

• Reply Gabriella Giaquinto March 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Funny that you mention Once Upon a Time, I just happened to see the pilot on Sunday and now I can’t stop watching it, it’s so great! I just started following your blog, it’s wonderful! – GG

• Reply Valerie Brunmeier March 21, 2012 at 4:32 pm

What a great idea Krissy! Everyone always wants to just eat the dough anyway so why not?

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two March 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm

yum! this looks delicious — another great way to eat cookie dough :) i love ginnifer goodwin but i still haven’t seen that show yet!

• Reply Claire Gallam10 March 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I’ve seen this delicious dip around and it looks AMAZING!!!

• Reply Kiri W. March 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Oh yum – I’ve heard of this magical dip several times now, but never had it – and I feel like I must be missing out on heaven!

• Reply Christy March 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Yum. This looks good! Just wondering how you thought to make this? Unlike anything I’ve seen.

• Reply Maggie March 21, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Holy goodness graciousness, my husband would surely keep me forever if I made this for him.  :-)  haha.  This would be such a hit, well, anywhere you brought it.  Wonderful wonderful recipe!

• Reply Kelly March 22, 2012 at 12:49 am

Ooo what a fantastic idea for dip, this looks so delicious! :)

• Reply Baker Street March 22, 2012 at 5:44 am

Gorgeous clicks. I’ve made this dip and I think I should stop because it is too dangerous to leave me alone with the bowl.

• Reply Choc Chip Uru March 22, 2012 at 6:07 am

Your dip looks totally perfect – want chocolate chips right now 😀

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Double Nutella Cheesecake Brownies

• Reply Chrissy March 22, 2012 at 5:32 pm

YUM!! This looks like a little bit of heaven!

Ps. Lauren and I love Once Upon a Time…. we just caught up last night… sheesh Snow is so innocent. It’s getting intense. I tried to blog and watch at the same time, but failed, so I commend you for making this bomb dip and watching at the same time!

• Reply Contact March 22, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Brilliant! I love the idea of sweet dips.

• Reply Katie Jasiewicz March 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

I have seriously been wanting to make this for a long time–must give this a try asap!

• Reply bigbearswife March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I could eat all of this….well.. not that I should… but I could! haha yum!

• Reply Katie March 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I adore Once upon a time!! Such a good show! And I adore this dip! I could stuff my face with this all day long! My waist line may hate me though 😉

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 24, 2012 at 12:59 am

I had to force myself to blog and watch the show!  Haha.  Isn’t it the best! :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 24, 2012 at 12:59 am

I actually saw it on Two and Their Pod Blog.  It’s a recipe from How Sweet It Is blog :).  Great recipe by Jessica!

• Reply Laura @joyfulshimmy March 27, 2012 at 8:41 pm

This just looks delicious and I may have to borrow this recipe.

• Reply Joan May 25, 2012 at 7:58 am

Is this tested?

• Reply Krissy's Creations May 30, 2012 at 5:01 am

What do you mean by tested?  If you mean, “Have I made this before?” Then, yes.  I have made this dip multiple times and love it!

• Reply Mingz_iz_natural January 21, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I will be trying this. Thanks for sharing.
    Mingz Eclectic Creations