Buttercream & Frosting, Cupcakes, Desserts, Holidays

Valentine’s Day Sprinkles Cupcakes

February 10, 2012
Valentines-Day-Sprinkle-Cupcakes-4

Ever since college my husband and I have had a tradition every Valentines Day.  We stay at home, I cook the same special meal, and just relax on the couch watching a good, funny, romantic movie (or TV if we’re a little lazy!).  But this year I’m changing it up a little bit.  Not because I didn’t like our normal tradition, just because I think it’s time for change.

See, like I mentioned before, I make the same meal.  Grape Focaccia for appetizer, fish with asparagus and cheesy orzo for the main course, and something sweet for dessert.  But I want to make a different meal this year.  My cooking skills have progressed immensely and I want to make something extra-special.  The thing is, I have no clue what I want to make.
Will you help me?  Please give me ideas on what I should make my husband for Valentines Dinner.  Pretty please!
At least I have some tasty Valentines Day dessert ideas to choose from.  Maybe I’ll make Raspberry Rosewater Cupcakes, Chocolate Soufflé Cupcakes, Red Velvet Oreos, or these Red and Pink Sprinkles Cupcakes.

These cupcakes are one my favorite white cakes with red and pink sprinkles scattered throughout the whole cupcake.  While mixing the sprinkles into the batter, the sprinkles bleed and make a beautiful pink-colored cupcake.  I topped the cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting, and then added some more pink and red sprinkles.
Now what’s more festive for Valentines Day than these cupcakes?
Enjoy!

To make these lovely cupcakes for your Valentines Day {or really any day!}, click here for the recipe.

Milk Bar Mondays – Chocolate Chocolate Cookies
Sparkling Cider Cupcakes
Caramel-Filled Sugar Cookies

• Reply Kathryn February 10, 2012 at 11:15 am

Krissy – LOVE your blog! For your Valentine’s Day dinner, I’d suggest beef tenderloin steaks topped with gorgonzola and herbs, with roasted garlic and tomato pasta with basil and arugula on the side. I always make this meal for special occasions, and my husband and I can’t get enough of it.

The recipe is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/tenderloin-steaks-gorgonzola-herbs-and-roasted-garlic-and-grape-tomato-pasta-basil-and-arugula-recipe/index.html

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two February 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm

in LOVE with these. I literally saw these and said “awww” out loud. I love the light pink and the sprinkles inside the cupcake. these look so delicious and fluffy too!

• Reply Averie February 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

These look awesome and strawberry anything is just so delish!

• Reply Bake Your Day February 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Yuuum! Krissy, I love that pink color. Adorable!!

• Reply Claire Gallam10 February 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm

These are so fluffy and perfect!

• Reply amy donovan February 10, 2012 at 6:35 pm

these are so gorgeous, krissy, + you always take the loveliest pictures. you’re right – these are absolutely perfect for valentine’s day!

• Reply Alida's Kitchen February 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Love all the festive sprinkles!  These are adorable.  A perfect Valentine’s treat :)

• Reply Kathryn February 10, 2012 at 6:57 pm

What an absolutely adorable cupcake, those sprinkles are just so pretty!  My boyfriend always wants steak if we’re having a special meal.  He’s a man whose heart is very easy to win!

• Reply Thelittleloaf February 10, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Everyone always suggests steak for Valentine’s but this year we’re doing pigeon breasts…or ‘flying steak’! It’s so juicy and tender and tastes really similar to steak, and there are so many different dishes you can serve on the side.

• Reply malindabeexo February 10, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Cheesy orzo sounds delicious, something I’d like to try with these adorable cupcakes if I can figure out how. (:

• Reply nicole {sweet peony} February 10, 2012 at 11:22 pm

super cute! i always love pink :)  one year, i made matt sliced steak on top of champagne asparagus risotto. it was amazing!

• Reply Paula February 10, 2012 at 11:59 pm

The cupcakes are lovely, such a pretty shade of pink!  Love your Valentine tradition of staying a home, enjoying a home cooked meal together and just relaxing.  If you haven’t chosen a new main course yet, Chicken Cordon Bleu is lovely and really not hard to make, you can actually prepare it all the night before and keep in the fridge until ready to cook.  Cornish Hens are always nice too.  Enjoy your special Valentine evening.

• Reply Kiri W. February 11, 2012 at 3:50 am

Sprinkles don’t get enough attention anymore! :) This just makes me smile!

• Reply Rebecca M February 11, 2012 at 6:01 am

Pretty in pink cupcakes!  Adorable!  My daughter would love those!
    We always enjoy lasagna or spinach roll-ups for a special dinner – something that gets the house smelling warm and cozy this time of year.  Indian or Thai are cuisines we love for take-out – how about giving yourself a night off :)
    Enjoy the holiday with your husband!
    ~ Rebecca @ All-American Vegetarian

• Reply Jaime @ Jaim's Kitchen February 11, 2012 at 4:56 pm

It’s so, so pretty Krissy!! Love it.

• Reply Emily @ Life on Food February 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I love that tradition. We  had two really bad Valentine’s Day dining experiences in a row and now was stay home too.  It is so much more enjoyable. Love the cupcakes!

• Reply Jacqueline Raposo February 12, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Every ounce of my girly heart loves these cupcakes and your tradition!! love! I just checked out this Steak Au Poivre recipe from Dirty Girls Kitchen which looks insane: http://dirtygirlskitchen.com/2012/02/sexy-valentines-day-dinner-recipe-steak-au-poivre/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DirtyGirlsKitchen+%28Dirty+Girls+Guide+to+the+Kitchen%29

And one of my favorite appetizers is skewers of fruit, sharp sheep cheese and melon: http://thedustybaker.com/2011/08/28/foodbuzz-24×24-a-scarborough-fair-summer-supper-party/

Can’t wait to hear about how it played out!

• Reply Courtney Moore February 13, 2012 at 1:57 am

LOVE these cupcakes and the tradition! :) And wanted to let you know I tagged you in my recent post …

• Reply Baker Street February 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm

ooh. this looks gorgeous! perfect for valentines’ day!

• Reply Lester CupcakeIdeasForyou February 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

The pink batter blends well in cream cheese frosting. With cute sprinkles makes this cupcake a lot more inviting. A perfect sweet for valentines day.

• Reply Stone Pearl January 22, 2014 at 9:22 am

WOW!!! Delicious CupCakes.
    I really love your ideas.
    Thank You.