Buttercream & Frosting, Desserts, Holidays

Red Velvet Oreos

February 8, 2012
Red-Velvet-Oreos-2
I’m sorry if your one of those people that hate all things Red Velvet around Valentines Day.  If you are, I feel sorry for you.  I do.  Red Velvet is Valentines Day.  It is the dessert for this wonderful, romantic holiday.  So I’ve gone crazy with Red Velvet and created some amazing Red Velvet desserts for you. And I didn’t just color the desserts red.  I actually created the red velvet flavor in these unique desserts!

First off are these Red Velvet Oreos.  One of your favorite childhood treats, twisted into this delicious Red Velvet version.
I’m not going to lie to you, creating this recipe was not easy.  I struggled to get the oreo texture AND the red velvet flavor all into one small little dessert.  But I did it!  And they came out better than I ever expected.

One thing I struggled with was getting the oreo cookies all the same size.  My solution was to bake the cookies in one baking sheet, creating one large red velvet cookie.  I then used a round cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.  This enabled the cookies to be identical in size and shape.
My husband was addicted to these oreos.  He couldn’t get enough.  When the last oreo was gone, he was seriously disappointed.  Maybe for Valentines Day I’ll bake him another batch.  But shhh, don’t tell him :).

Make a big batch of these for your Valentines Day and everyone around will be asking for more.  I promise!
To view the recipe, click here.  Enjoy!

Flourless Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cupcakes
Homemade Oreos
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats

• Reply Joanne February 8, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’m a red velvet all-day-every-day kinda person.  V-Day or otherwise.  And these sound amazing.  I love the idea of making one HUGE cookie and then cutting out pieces…makes my life SO much easier.

• Reply Marina@cowboycountryvegetarian February 8, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Those look so good, I can see being addicted to it!

• Reply DessertForTwo February 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I love this! This is the greatest red velvet anything I’ve ever seen! You are so creative in the kitchen! I love it :)

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two February 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Love the creativity with this :) I don’t understand people who don’t understand the love of red velvet :) I guess there will always be opinions hehe..this looks awesome and it works so perfectly for valentine’s day!

• Reply Erin February 8, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Such a great idea!

• Reply Melissa Maruca February 8, 2012 at 4:16 pm

HI!
    GOSH, it took me so long to get the comment thing to work. Yesterday was a lost cause.. i totally gave up.
    Anywho.. YUM!!!! I love anything red velvet! People who don’t are crazy and have no idea what they’re missing out on!
    Got any of these saved for me??????

• Reply Tya @Note etc. February 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I love something colored with red, so.. red velvet is my fav snack to checking out, usually ppl make red velvet as a cake but you making different by making it as a oreo and it turns our very beautiful..

• Reply Priscilla M February 8, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Soo pretty!

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet February 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Luckily I love red velvet all year round:-) Gorgeous cookies!

• Reply Stephsbitebybite February 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm

These are adorable! And look so tasty! Great V-day treat

• Reply Kiri W. February 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I like Valentine’s Day, I just don’t find Red Velvet Cake very tasty. It’s pretty for sure, but… well. Maybe if it were chocolate red velevt cake… 😉 These look very pretty!

• Reply Paula February 8, 2012 at 9:40 pm

These done in heart shapes for you husband on Valentine’s Day would be cute.  They look great and kudos to you for creating your own Oreos recipe.  I’m still a red velvet virgin.  Yup…it’s true!

• Reply bakeyourday February 8, 2012 at 11:38 pm

These are awesome, Krissy. Although, I would eat waaaaay too many of them!

• Reply Nikki Tegtmeyer February 9, 2012 at 1:38 am

Super creative! I agree, whoever doesn’t like Red Velvet around Valentine’s Day doesn’t get it.

• Reply Mai Nguyen February 9, 2012 at 4:05 am

I think I’ll be giving these a try soon! It’s been about a week since I’ve baked anything. Love love love your blog. Your recipes NEVER fail me!

• Reply Anna @ hiddenponies February 9, 2012 at 6:53 am

oooh, GREAT idea making one big cookie and then cutting it into circles! These are so cute!

• Reply katie February 9, 2012 at 11:54 am

DIVINE! I love your pictures! :) You are so creative! xo

• Reply Shawnda February 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm

No such thing as too much red velvet! The cookies look fabulous and your pics are gorgeous!

• Reply Audra February 9, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I just love this Krissy! They are so adorable and festive. I am so impressed that you figured that recipe out by yourself- you sure are a baking queen! :)

• Reply Shannon @ dinnerordessert February 10, 2012 at 3:26 am

So creative! Love the twist from the regular homemade oreos

• Reply Deborah February 10, 2012 at 5:18 am

These are so pretty – perfect for Valentine’s Day!!

• Reply Liam @ Is Butter a Carb? February 10, 2012 at 12:25 pm

NOM NOM NOM! 😉

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:14 pm

It totally made my life SO much easier! I love when that happens :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Christina!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

What a GREAT idea to make these in heart shapes!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I ate wayyyy too many!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

SO happy you enjoy my recipes!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks Katie!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I agree! There is never too much Red Velvet :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 10, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Aww Thanks Audra!

• Reply Jennifer Hoang February 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm

why doesn’t the link work anymore ?? ):

• Reply Ca4ole February 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hi there.  The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is all about favourite foods from childhood.  I do hope you link this lovely one in.  This is the link .   Please do pop back to check out some of the other links.  Have a great week.

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 7, 2014 at 7:17 am

This looks delicious! and who doesn’t love red velvet! what’s the size of the pan that you used and did you grease it before putting the cookie batter?