Cookies, Desserts, Fruit, Secret Recipe Club

Fluffy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

February 27, 2012
Peanut-Butter-Banana-Cookies-3
I’m not going to lie – I’m pretty tired.  This weekend we moved our whole house.  Everything.  For the last month I’ve been packing like crazy, and then finally on Saturday we moved everything out.  But now were done and almost on our way to Florida.  Yah!
Because of all this packing and moving I haven’t been able to bake a lot, especially this past week.  No cookies, cakes, cupcakes, or even easy desserts.  Nothing.  It’s been sad.  I can’t wait until I can get back in the kitchen and bake again!
Luckily, I baked up some items in advance so I can be sure to keep sharing delicious recipes with you.  And this recipe is one of them :).
As part of the Secret Recipe Club, I’ve baked up these delicious Peanut Butter Banana Cookies.  The recipe comes from A Taste of Home Cooking.  They are big and fluffy cookies, studded with Peanut Butter Chips and stuffed with a slice of Fresh Banana.

One of my favorite things about these cookies is the size.  Normally I like cookies that are thin and crispier, but it’s nice to get a big, soft, and fluffy cookie.  Plus, with the slice of banana inside, the soft texture is really brought home perfectly.
Enjoy!
To view more recipes from the Secret Recipe Club, view the Blog Hop below {below the recipe}.

Fluffy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Makes: About 16 Cookies
½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
½ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup Peanut Butter Chips
1 Large Banana, Sliced
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugar.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until fully incorporated.  Stir in the Peanut Butter chips.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.  Set aside until needed.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and using a small cookie scoop, or a teaspoon, scoop rounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.  Gently press into the center of each cookie to create a small indent.  Place 1 slice of banana in each indent.  Place another scoop of cookie dough on top of the banana and, with your hands, carefully press the cookies together to create 1 large cookie.
Bake the cookies in the oven until the edges begin to turn a light golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.  Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Serve and enjoy!
These cookies last up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Recipe adapted from A Taste of Home Cooking.

Yema Candy for a Sprinkle Bakes Giveaway!
Red Velvet Bundt Cake
Ice Cream Sandwiches

• Reply Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut February 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Banana slice in a cookie??  Genius!

• Reply Averie @ LV&Y February 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm

This is crazy…last night, at 1am!  I was making cookies and they are eerily similar to these.  Right down to the 3/4 c peanut butter chips.  CRAZY.  Great minds think alike but I won’t have my recipe up and ready for at least a week.  I’m slow  :)

Your cookies look so good!

• Reply Cassie @ Bake Your Day February 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm

These look amazing. And I had no idea you were moving…is the start of baseball season here?  I can’t wait to try these!

• Reply Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Delicious! Good luck with the move. :)

• Reply Paula February 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Great looking cookies!  Hoping your move to Florida goes off without a hitch.  Safe travels.

• Reply Jeannie February 28, 2012 at 12:09 am

These cookies must be huge to cover a slice of banana….interesting combination for cookies:)

• Reply Lisa~~ February 28, 2012 at 12:19 am

Great sounding cookies and have a safe move.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry:   Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites and my Group ‘D’ entry:  Health(ier) Peanut BrittleLisa~~Cook Lisa Cook

• Reply Jenni February 28, 2012 at 12:52 am

Nice job on the cookies, they look great! And good luck with your move! I know how crazy and stressful they can be, we just moved 800 miles not too long ago.

• Reply April Tuell February 28, 2012 at 2:22 am

I can just imagine how moist and delicious these cookies must be with a banana slice tucked inside.

• Reply Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies February 28, 2012 at 3:34 am

I love how fluffy those look!

• Reply Erin February 28, 2012 at 4:01 am

These look amazing!   I love the combination of  peanut butter and banana in a cookie.  I have to try this!

• Reply beti February 28, 2012 at 5:05 am

You can see the bright side, you are now happy with these delicious looking cookies and almost in Florida!

• Reply Joanne February 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Moving is quite possibly my LEAST favorite thing to do on this earth…but you’re almost there!  And at least you have some baked goods to fuel you and propel you forward.  I mean…peanut butter totally makes these healthy energy-rich food, right? 😛

• Reply Dara Reppucci February 28, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Oooh. These look so yummy. I am a sucker for anything with peanut butter! I am awarding you a Versatile Blogger Award because I am in love with your recipes and your blog has become a must read for me!

• Reply Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

The banana inside is so different…love that idea!

• Reply Lauren at Keep it Sweet February 28, 2012 at 9:52 pm

These cookies sound delicious!  Packing and moving are SO exhausting, I hope you have some extra cookies in the freezer for your no-baking week:-)

• Reply Kristina February 29, 2012 at 12:42 am

Moving is a huge pain in the butt :) So happy you baked these in advance because they look delicioussss! I love that they’re so thick and fluffy, those are always the best cookies, plus I can’t resist anything with peanut butter, yum!

• Reply Kiri W. February 29, 2012 at 2:39 am

Holy cow! That looks amazing! I love banana baked goods, and the cookies look simply perfect.

• Reply Elizabeth February 29, 2012 at 5:08 am

I love baking with peanut butter chips. They are so good!

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:44 am

My favorite part was how thick and fluffy they are :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:44 am

Seriously!  I should’ve done that!

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:45 am

Ooo Thank you!!

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:45 am

Right!

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:45 am

Yes!  They were pretty fat :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

Thanks Paula!

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

Yes, Baseball season has started!  Spring Training starts this week :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations March 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

Your so right!  Great minds do think alike :)

• Reply Daisy March 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

These cookies look sooooo pretty ~ I’ve got some peanut butter chips at home so I’ve gotta make a batch soon! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Jennifer Isakowitz March 2, 2012 at 2:53 am

You just combined two of my favorite foods. Yum!

• Reply nicole @ I am a Honey Bee March 3, 2012 at 2:25 am

I pinned these! I can’t wait to try making them

• Reply Renee @ Tortillas and Honey April 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I can never get enough peanut butter and banana recipes! Totally adding this to my list! :-)