Chocolate, Cookies, Desserts, Gluten Free and/or Paleo

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

January 5, 2012
I eat a lot of cookies.  It’s probably the #1 dessert that I eat.  I pretty much bake cookies every night.  They are just so quick to make and always satisfy that sweet craving {which I have every night after dinner!}.  In fact I made cookies last night and ate 4 of them.  See, I wasn’t lying about how many cookies I bake and eat :).
I have 2 favorite go-to cookies: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies {I will show you the recipe soon}, and these Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I can’t count the amount of times I’ve made these cookies.  They are no-doubt the best Peanut Butter Cookie I’ve ever had.  They have all the right qualities of the perfect Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie – A crunchy and crumbly texture with a smooth interior, not too overly sweet, and the perfect ratio of peanut butter and chocolate chips.
And one of the best parts about these cookies is that they couldn’t be more simple and quick.  They have 6 ingredients, plus the chocolate chips, and take no more than 15 minutes to make (including baking time).
Trust me about these cookies – They are the best.  Once you make them, you’ll never go back.  Your search for the perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie is over.
And bonus: They’re Gluten-Free.

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: About 24 1-inch Cookies
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
¾ cup Chocolate Chips {Dark, Semi-Sweet, or Milk, whichever you prefer}
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.  Set aside
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, baking soda, and vanilla.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop rounds of cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 1½ inches between each cookie.  Bake the cookies for 7 minutes and then, using a flat spatula, carefully flatten the cookies until they are a ¼-inch thick.  {Flattening the cookies is only necessary if they don’t flatten themselves.}  Continue the bake the cookies until they have set and start to turn a golden brown, about 2-4 more minutes.
After removing the cookies from the oven, let them cool on the baking sheets for a couple minutes.  Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
These cookies last up to 5 days in a sealed container or bag at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Divine Baking.

Pink & Purple Cake with Fluffy Seven Minute Frosting
S'mores Pancakes
Homemade Oreos

• Reply Joanne January 5, 2012 at 11:58 am

You don’t have to try to convince me!  Anything PB+chocolate = heaven in my book!

• Reply Julie @ Table for Two January 5, 2012 at 12:42 pm

This is awesome! I love easy cookie recipes. We go through cookies at the house quite often and a lot of my coworkers also ask me to bring my creations in so you can imagine how quickly we go through desserts..especially the flour and since these are flourLESS, that’s perfect 😉 these look so good. Your pictures are great, Krissy! Love it!

• Reply Christy January 5, 2012 at 5:33 pm

• Reply Lauren at Keep It Sweet January 5, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I wish we lived close together so we could have a cookie baking marathon!  These are right up my alley:-)

• Reply Averie @ LVAY January 5, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I make flourless PB, flourless chocolate PB, but have not yet tried putting choc chips IN the Pb cookies.  Yours look great!

• Reply iamraena January 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm

are they soft??

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Yes, they are soft, with a slightly crumbly texture.  However, they are not fluffy {like my soft frosted sugar cookies}. Enjoy :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 5, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Thanks Averie!  The combination of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips is so great, you’ve gotta try it :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 5, 2012 at 9:50 pm

That would be so much fun!

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Easy cookies are the best, and these are super {super super super} easy!  Thanks Julie :)

• Reply Theresa @ January 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Those look so yummy! You would of been proud of us over the holidays & our baking marathons. I should of taken more pics. Found some yummy recipes, but must add these to my list.

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I’m right there with you :)

• Reply Kiri W. January 5, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Oh wow, these look so amazing! I’ve never had flourless cookies, but since I love flourless tarts, I bet I’d devour them!

• Reply Alida's Kitchen January 5, 2012 at 11:05 pm

These look incredible!  Hmm.  I have all of these ingredients on hand.  I know what I’ll be making tonight after the baby is in bed! :)

• Reply Casey January 6, 2012 at 2:20 am

Yours don’t even look flour less at all!!! Yummy, I love peanut butter and chocolate, thanks for the recipe :) they look awesome!

• Reply Sandra's Easy Cookinh January 6, 2012 at 2:20 am

Look amazing..and who would resist those..hmm I think nobody!!!!!! I love your photos!
    wish you an awesome weekend!!!!

• Reply Kim Bee January 6, 2012 at 3:47 am

Omg you bake and cook like a total goddess. Love these. I think that’s a new pic of you too, very nice.

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:46 pm

You’ve got to give Flourless Cookies a try :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Isn’t it the best when you have everything on hand and you can just whip up a quick batch of cookies :).  Enjoy!

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Thanks Casey!

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I know I can’t resist them!  I always finish up the whole batch :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thanks Kim! Yes, it’s a new picture, glad you noticed :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 6, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thanks Theresa!  I love baking marathons :) I’d love to some pictures if you have any!

• Reply Sandra's Easy Cooking January 7, 2012 at 5:28 am

Congrats on one more amazing Top 9!!!!!

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

These  look like the perfect cookie!  Chocolate and PB is an unbeatable combo.  Congrats on the buzz!

• Reply Leannepit January 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Love this recipe! So few ingredients very inexpensive to make!

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm

That’s one of my favorite parts too – Inexpensive & very little ingredients :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I agree, Chocolate & Peanut is a great combo!  Thanks Laura :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Thanks Sandra!

• Reply Melissabrooke January 8, 2012 at 3:57 am

I made these today because the recipe seemed so simple and I had all of the ingredients.  Wow! They were amazing and my husband has asked that I make them regularly.  An easy hit!!

• Reply Janet January 8, 2012 at 4:07 am

I can’t wait for the Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies when do you think you’ll post that recipe?

• Reply holley January 9, 2012 at 3:59 am

Made these tonight for a raging sweet tooth. So easy with only 7 ingredients, didn’t even have to use a hand mixer or drag out the Kitchenaid, YES!!! They were delicious, and no flour to boot. Thank you Krissy.

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 9, 2012 at 4:47 am

So glad you & your husband enjoyed them Melissa!  Now you have a go-to Peanut Butter Cookie recipe :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations January 9, 2012 at 4:47 am

They will probably be up within the next couple weeks :)

• Reply TDG January 14, 2012 at 2:02 am

Made these tonight.  They are awesome!   Thanks!

• Reply Charlotte February 2, 2012 at 3:15 am

I made these cookies for our Friday night treat! they were awesome! I’m new to your blog and LOVE it:)
    I’m going to try your baked doughnuts next!

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 7, 2012 at 2:59 am

SO happy you love these cookies!  & thank you for coming to blog!  Enjoy :)

• Reply thinkingdj February 20, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I just made these, they are extremely crumbly, won’t stay together at all to even get them off the baking sheet.  What did I do wrong?  Maybe packed the balls together a little too tightly?  Maybe I made them a little too small (I got 3 doz. from the recipe)?  Maybe my egg wasn’t big enough?  They are very tasty, but totally wasted as I can’t feed my guests spoonfuls of crumbs…  :(

• Reply Krissy's Creations February 23, 2012 at 7:18 am

Hmmm.  I’m thinking it might be 1 of 3 things, not enough Peanut Butter, too many Chocolate Chips, or the egg wasn’t large enough.  I’ve made this recipe sooo many times and they’ve never been super crumbly.  The only thing I would suggest is to try again :/.  Sorry I couldn’t help more.  Good luck!

• Reply Natalie R. March 1, 2012 at 5:46 am

***THESE.  ARE.  SERIOUSLY.  DELICIOUS.  PEANUT.  BUTTER.  COOKIES***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I **LOVED THEM**!!!!!  THANX FOR POSTING!  Do you know if these can successfully be made vegan by replacing the egg with silken tofu?

• Reply elyssa March 25, 2012 at 8:13 pm

try adding a cup of red mills  gluten free all purpose flour, its not normal flour so it good on your glycemic index

• Reply Julia April 16, 2012 at 10:45 am

Hi! I apologise in advance if this is an awful question but.. what would happen to the cookies if I were to omit the baking soda? As you can probably tell I’m not a regular baker and I don’t have any baking soda at home, and I don’t want to buy it and not use it regularly. Thanks a bunch! (:

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 19, 2012 at 4:19 am

So glad you liked them!  I’d love to try them with Vegan :)

• Reply Krissy's Creations April 19, 2012 at 4:22 am

There are no awful questions!  Do you happen to have Baking Powder on hand?  If so, you can substitute it by adding 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder.  Good luck!

• Reply Kim April 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Hi, I have another recipe for a flourless oatmeal/peanutbutter/chocolate chip cookie.  I love them because they are chewy and soft and moist.  You describe these as crumbly.  I am picturing dry and breaking into crumbs, but they look so soft and moist….  I guess my question is whether you can be a little more specific in description of texture??

• Reply Krissy's Creations May 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hi Kim, Thank you for the comment.  No, these do not break up into crumbs.  They have a soft interior with a slightly crispy edge.  They are more of a chewy cookie, especially if they are not overbaked.  I hope I was able to describe them better.  Enjoy!

• Reply Waterfallstl May 9, 2012 at 7:35 am

Is there anyway to make this without sugar?

• Reply Krissy's Creations May 12, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I’m  not sure.  I’ve never tried this recipe without sugar.  I’d love to hear if you try it and it works out.  Enjoy!

• Reply LanaiO May 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I found your blog which is now my baking addiction.My first time making peanut butter cookies from scratch they came out soo yummy!! Thanks!

• Reply Anna March 20, 2013 at 11:42 pm

hm.. Is there any difference between flourless cookies and cookies with flour? (besides the lack of flour in one of the recipes).

• Reply Tiffany Hewlett May 27, 2013 at 4:15 am

Okay Krissy, you are obsessed with my recipe and I am now going to be obsessed with yours! These look amazing! I may have to make these tonight! :)

• Reply K January 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I used half pecan-pumpkin butter and half peanut butter and they were amazing! They spread out way more than I expected so I had to cut them apart, but they were completely gone when I put them out at the party we had!